188.8.131.52 Online Student Complaint Reporting Policy
When an online student has exhausted all normal channels and appeal processes and still desires to file an official written complaint, they can do so by completing the form available at this link: https://beacon.os.liberty.edu/beacon/#/new/student-complaint
Compliance with SACSCOC regulations
Definition of Glossary Terms
Complaint: Liberty University defines a “written complaint” as any complaint submitted through the official Beacon complaint form as a “Student Complaint”. Other forms of communication will not be considered official complaints.
Procedure for Online Undergraduate and Graduate Student Complaints:
- Students are first encouraged to contact the department with which the complaint is rooted.
- Students may submit a written complaint about an issue occurring during their current or previous term of enrollment.
- The student expresses grievance in writing via the complaint form. Only complaints submitted via the complaint form will be considered official written complaints. Complaints submitted via other forums will not be considered official written complaints.
- A Student Advocate reviews the complaint and accompanying documentation. Duplicate submissions may be withdrawn.
- The Student Advocate contacts (or assigns the complaint to) other appropriate university offices for research/decision-making purposes.
- The complaint decision is rendered based on research findings.
- The decision-making party will rule on the complaint and update the online complaint form.
- The student will be notified via email of the decision.
- If the student is not satisfied with the outcome of their initial complaint, they may appeal within seven days of the rendered decision by providing additional support/documentation for review.
- A second review of the complaint will be completed by a higher authority within Liberty University.