All matriculated students, whether Resident or Liberty University Online, must meet the same academic requirements for certificate completion. Online certificate-seeking students must have all courses within the certificate successfully completed before being considered candidates for the awarding of a certificate.
- The undergraduate certificate requires a minimum of 18 semester hours. Each program differs; therefore, the student must follow the certificate requirements carefully.
- Each undergraduate certificate program requires a minimum GPA of 2.00.
- To satisfy the requirements for the fields of study, only final grades of C or above, in all certificate courses, will apply towards successful certificate completion.
- Students who return to Liberty to complete a second certificate at the undergraduate level must have at least 3 credit hours remaining and must take a minimum of 3 additional hours of coursework at Liberty to qualify for a second certificate.
- All 18 semester hours of the certificate coursework must be completed at Liberty.
A Certificate Completion Application must be filled out at the beginning of the final semester before the certificate can be awarded. The Certificate Completion Application is found here: http://www.liberty.edu/index.cfm?PID=4849.
To outline the parameters set forth by the University regarding certificate-seeking students.
Definition of Glossary Terms