Standard Operating Procedure
1. Representative from the requesting department submits Service-Now “Other Request” from the service catalog
1.1. Specifies in the request that it is for a “New Website Domain”
2. The request is triaged by IT HelpDesk personnel to the Software Compliance Office.
3. The IS Accounts Manager obtains a quote for the initial purchase cost of the domain.
4. The IS Accounts Manager notifies the requester of the cost of the domain
4.1. If the requester decides to NOT purchase the domain, the IS Accounts Manager will close the request.
4.2. If the requester chooses to purchase the domain, they will submit a requisition for the initial purchase to LU IT Operations.
5. The IS Accounts Manager will purchase the domain on behalf of the requesting department
6. The IS Accounts Manager notifies the IT Operations Office Manager that the chargeback for the initial purchase needs to occur
7. The IT Operations Office Manager processes the chargeback for the initial purchase
8. Every year the IS Accounts Manager will contact the customer and confirm that the renewal is appropriate
8.1. If appropriate, the IS Accounts Manager schedules the renewal of the domain for the following year
9. The IS Accounts Manger closes the request
1. Non-compliance to this standard may result in website domains not being purchased in a timely manner, or at all.
2. Non-compliance to this standard may result in communication of that non-compliance to an employee’s supervisor and/or the Chief Information Officer (CIO).