Library Room Request Reservation Policy
Jerry Falwell Library
University units, groups, and individuals, including registered student groups and University-sponsored groups; students, Events Office
Requests to use spaces of the Jerry Falwell Library include, but are not limited to, group study rooms, classrooms, and learning commons. Group study rooms in the Jerry Falwell Library provide spaces for students to work, study, and collaborate for academic purposes. Classrooms and event spaces are available for University purposes. The Jerry Falwell Library reserves the right to cancel or reassign room reservations as necessary. Filming is not permitted in quiet or deep quiet areas during operating hours. Filming should not impede traffic or disrupt students. Approval of room reservation requests is subject to compliance with reservation procedures and room availability.
This policy establishes guidelines for room reservations in Jerry Falwell Library for University purposes. This policy encourages efficient use of spaces for faculty, staff, and students.
Definition of Glossary Terms
Learning Commons: educational spaces that create an environment conducive to collaboration, content creation, meetings, reading, or study.
25Live: the university scheduling software.
- Faculty, staff, and students may request to reserve group study rooms at a library service desk, over the phone, or through the online chat feature on the library’s website.
- Student groups of three or more may reserve a group study room for up to three hours at a time for academic purposes.
- Students may reserve group study rooms up to one week in advance.
- All space reservation requests by persons or groups external to Liberty University should be made through the Liberty University Events Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All faculty, staff, and student requests to use event spaces such as the Active Learning Classroom, the Esbenshade Atrium, the Scholars Lounge, or the Scholars Conference Room for classes, meetings, club activities, etc. should be directed to email@example.com.
- Requests are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Room reservations are held for a 10-minute grace period once a reserved time slot begins. If the room is unoccupied after this period, the reservation will be ended and opened for other groups to reserve.
Consequences for failure to comply with policy will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Exceptions can be made only on a case-by-case basis.
Date for Review