Graduate Program Changes

Issuing Office

Registrar's Office

Affected Parties


Policy Language

All requests to change degree programs, majors, cognates, and concentrations must be submitted in writing to the Registrar’s Office for resident students and Liberty University Online Academic Advising for online students.

Policy Rationale

To clearly outline the process for formally changing from one program to another.

Definition of Glossary Terms

None specified


The student will be placed on the Degree Completion Plan (DCP) or Certificate Completion Plan (CCP) in effect for the term for which the request is processed. All requests for a change of major will be processed by the Registrar’s Office upon receipt, and will be effective the following full term of enrollment.


None specified


Exceptions are made on a case by case basis by the University Registrar or Provost.